This key role is responsible for developing and maintaining the common visual language across all GoldieBlox channels. From toys, to cartoons and chapter books, this individual will shape the creative world of GoldieBlox – collaborating across all departments and reporting directly to the CEO.
GoldieBlox is the leading girl-power brand for the next generation. We make award-winning toys, apps, and media that get girls into engineering and technology. We are building a multi-media franchise brand to help the next generation build the future.
- Manage and mentor a team of talented visual designers and illustrators, both in-house and external. Identify key gaps and recruit remarkable new contributors.
- Articulate and champion “the creative process” at GoldieBlox, refining the methodology by which creative iteration, refinement, and execution takes place.
- Deliver imaginative and inspiring visual designs, characters, and stories across a variety of media – toys, cartoons, apps, chapter books, and other verticals.
- Maintain world class style, character, and brand guidelines. Relentlessly critique external partners for consistency and quality.
- Get your hands dirty. Dive into visual design and development whenever necessary.
- Collaborate harmoniously with CEO and management of all other departments to maintain a unified front for steady company workflow.
- 5+ years of professional illustration and/or design experience.
- 5+ years experience managing, mentoring, & motivating junior designers and/or engineers.
- 2+ years experience managing, mentoring, and critiquing a team of creatives.
- Fluent in and passionate about a variety of creative formats including animation, print / packaging, and mobile.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, start-up experience a plus.
- Expert hand with a stylus, Adobe Creative Suite, and other tools of the trade.
- Must have a big imagination, great sense of humor, and love kids.
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area.