The secret ingredient to get your girl coding? The new GoldieBlox app!
Master the fundamentals of coding with Goldie Blox and Ruby Rails as they deliver cupcakes to friends all over BloxTown. With infinite puzzles and sweet mini-games, your young coder will learn the basics of sequencing, mental modeling, and debugging – without even realizing they’re learning.
By 2018, 2.4 million new jobs will require STEM skills. Our dynamic, story-driven gameplay will keep your girl engaged while helping her develop the skills that she needs to build her own future!
Rated E for engineer
- Learn the fundamentals of coding
- Over 20 levels of coding puzzles in Adventure mode
- Code your own game map by learning to adjust variables
- Take a break from classic coding with yummy, skill-based mini-games
- No third party advertising
- No in-app purchases
- Parents: Connect to our tips below to assist the next generation of coders
Educational Info for:
- Sequential execution - The player controls Goldie with commands, which execute in order (or in some cases simultaneously). The player must learn that the order of commands is critical, and that what Goldie does is dependent on how far she has gotten through their code.
- Mental modeling of program behavior - The player has to imagine where Goldie will be after she executes the commands given, so they know what to do next.
- Debugging - When something goes wrong, the player has to walk through the commands in their head, watch to see where Goldie does something unexpected, and correct the problem.
- Variables - Later in the game, the player learns to set a point on the map to which Goldie can jump. Changing this point can help the player make their code more efficient.
- Tuning - In the Sandbox, the player tunes multiple variables and sees the affect it has on procedural generation of maps...just like game designer!
Clean Code - The player is rewarded for being clean and efficient in their code.
Click here for gameplay tips from our game designer, Jenna Chalmers!
GoldieBlox is a company on a mission to inspire the next generation of female inventors. Founded by Debbie Sterling, Stanford Engineer and innovator, GoldieBlox creates award-winning toys that combine story and building to develop spatial skills, confidence and introduce a much needed female role model character to a traditional boys club.
Give us a shout: firstname.lastname@example.org
We take the privacy of kids and all our users seriously. To learn more about our policy, please visit: http://www.goldieblox.com/pages/privacy-policy
Terms of Service: