About GoldieBlox and Gold Studios
GoldieBlox is the award-winning children’s multimedia company dirupting the pink aisle in toy stores globally and challenging the gender stereotypes with the world’s first girl engineer character. Through the integration of storytelling and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math principles, GoldieBlox creates toys, books, apps, videos, animation and merchandise; the tools that empower girls to build their confidence, dreams, and ultimately, their futures.
GOAL: Support the entire department by managing Gold Studio’s production needs which includes coordinating budgets with Senior Producers, office management, on set support and department scheduling to help grow the channel to one million subscribers by the end of 2019.
Must be flexible with schedule, working weekends and nights to accommodate production schedule. Out of state travel may be required on a quarterly basis. Ideal candidate will have a strong interest in production budgeting, bookkeeping, logistics, permits, organization… the nuts and bolts of what make production tick! Strong spreadsheet skills a big plus!
- Report to Line Producer and assist with their duties involving current and future productions
- Support Supervising Producer with creative, pre-production, setup, execution, and wrap on shows
- Be responsible for intake and processing of all show receipts
- Assume primary ownership of logistics and budgets for up to 3 shows
- Track show spending and update budgets as money is spent, then actualize budgets once the show is wrapped. Make sure money spent is coded to correct department.
- Be responsible for all releases, work permits, Coogan account information, etc. Make sure all paperwork is signed before shooting begins, and make sure it’s saved afterward in wrap binders.
- Handle contractor payments using Extreme Reach payroll (or any new systems)
- Collect invoices for talent or specialized crew
- Write and send out call sheets before shoots
- Hire studio teachers for all shoots involving minors, along with any other necessary crew
- Coordinate equipment and location rentals for shoots
- Help manage in-office production gear
- Coordinate wrap out of gear, props, and equipment after all shoots
- Go on occasional runs for props, food, gear, etc.
- Participate in creative brainstorms and take ownership of shows when opportunities become available
- Direct episodes and help supervise creative on GoldieBlox shows
- Pitch and help develop new programs
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously, prioritizing those that are most pressing
- Strong aptitude for budgeting and the ability to move quickly between shows, keeping all on track
- Attentive to email, responding in a timely manner
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communicator and creative problem solver
- Be able to work under pressure and pivot with changing priorities
- Ability to multitask with grace and maturity
- Eager to learn production workflow in a fast-paced startup environment
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be an independent decision maker
- Self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and can determine the best course of action even in the absence of direct instruction
- Able to take direction from a variety of team members and executives in stride to complete the tasks at hand
- Maintain a positive attitude in a challenging environment
- Maintain enthusiasm and wonder
Contact: Send us an email including your resume and cover letter to email@example.com